Intramural Sports Student Manager Intern (Bethel College Internship Program)
Intern Job Title: Intramural Sports Student Manager Intern
Internship Supervisor Name and Title: Director of Intramural Sports
- Learn about the procedures and administrative structure of intramural sports at Bethel College and throughout other colleges and universities.
- Learn how to improve intramural activities in the areas of: participation, student satisfaction, and sport offerings.
- Develop communication skills with students and peers in conversations dealing with confrontation.
- Develop administrative skills through scheduling, handling crisis situations, advertising, and organization.
- Develop leadership skills through working directly with and for people.
Work with the Intramural Director along with other members of the Athletic Department to coordinate and administer intramural sport activities. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Creating schedules for intramural league sports
- Advertising intramural events using different medias (posters, videos, webpage, Facebook, Twitter, ect.)
- Supervise during intramural athletic events
- Confront students who exhibit poor sportsmanship on the playing field and forward them on to the Director of Intramural Sports
- Help to build upon the Intramural Sports Handbook
- Schedule, coordinate, and administer all duties for one intramural sports tournament per semester
- Assist with referee training sessions
- Prepare budgets for each intramural activity
- Assist with leading a weekly student intramural sports discussion board
Strong skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for use in scheduling and advertising.
General knowledge of sports information.
General knowledge of Social Media.
Range of hours per week:
Intern is to work 10 to 12 hours per week for 14 weeks with specific schedule and hours to be coordinated with internship supervisor. Internship will commence the week of August 26, 2019 and conclude on April 24, 2020, unless internship is limited to one semester.
BETHEL COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bethel College Intern Program is an initiative designed to provide traditional students with practical knowledge through meaningful work experiences. Students participating in these internships will perform research, tasks and projects that complement course work with their majors. Students will participate in two career development workshops, two diversity and inclusion workshops, and a resume coaching session during their first semester in order to continue with the program during their second semester. Employers prefer to see internships on a résumé and desire the skills gained from these experiences. Internships are available within participating Bethel College Departments.
What is an Internship?
An internship is a mentored work experience with an educational focus tied to the student’s course work within their major. Typically, an internship is available for one or two semesters. They range from 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks per semester for a maximum of 150 hours. Students must be registered for an internship course in their major to participate. The Bethel College Internship Program is a paid student worker program.
To be eligible to apply for an internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Full-time traditional student in good standing
- Student must be registered for an internship course within their major
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and not on academic probation
- Declared major related to the internship
- May be required to possess specific competencies or skills to qualify for internship
- Must submit cover letter and resume along with application form
Contact Matthew Stackowicz at 574.807.7097 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Apply here by April 12, 2019.