Campus Store Intern (Bethel College Internship Program)
INTERNSHIP SUPERVISOR NAME AND TITLE: Teresa Gollnick, Campus Store Manager
To assist the store manager in the daily function of running a bookstore. Each week, interns focus on a different aspect of store operations while simultaneously participating in activities and projects that contribute to their professional and personal development.
- Provide support to store leadership while learning all aspects of store management,
- Plan social media posting schedule with the campus store manager.
- Meet weekly with the campus store manager to plan projects and dream up new ideas
- Offer outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work effectively in a team environment while demonstrating the ability to work independently.
- Gain competency in managing others.
- Create and maintain a budget.
- Delegate tasks to others or give responsibility to others on a work team.
- Develop a working knowledge of various job processes.
- Implement new plans, procedures or ideas within the store.
- Develop ability to manage multiple projects.
- Be positive and supportive.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to all situations.
- Keep an open mind
- To maintain a professional relationship with students, staff, faculty, administration, alumni, and community members
- To meet assignment deadlines.
- Ability to laugh and enjoy work, during slow and busy times.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Experience: Freshmen through Junior with interest in business, marketing, and selling.
- Have the ability to listen and communicate well with others.
- Conveying information clearly and accurately.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead work studies on multiple projects.
- Dependability and Quality: Contributing quality and dependable work performance with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Ethical Conduct: Functioning with honesty and integrity regarding job tasks and interpersonal relations based upon the college lifestyle covenant and professional standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
- Self-starter with high achiever attitude.
This position reports directly to the campus store manager.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES USED:
A computer and POS system is the primary piece of equipment used.
The physical environment of this position is a typical indoor office environment. Walking across campus is also part of the working environment. Long periods of standing are often required.
The physical ability to handle heavy equipment of up to 35 pounds is needed.
Contact with students, faculty and staff
May depend on assignments.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Range of hours per week:
Intern is to work 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks with specific schedule and hours to be coordinated with internship supervisor. Internship will commence the week of August 26, 2019 and conclude on April 24, 2020, unless internship is limited to one semester.
BETHEL COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bethel College Intern Program is an initiative designed to provide traditional students with practical knowledge through meaningful work experiences. Students participating in these internships will perform research, tasks and projects that complement course work with their majors. Students will participate in two career development workshops, two diversity and inclusion workshops, and a resume coaching session during their first semester in order to continue with the program during their second semester. Employers prefer to see internships on a résumé and desire the skills gained from these experiences. Internships are available within participating Bethel College Departments.
What is an Internship?
An internship is a mentored work experience with an educational focus tied to the student’s course work within their major. Typically, an internship is available for one or two semesters. They range from 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks per semester for a maximum of 150 hours. Students must be registered for an internship course in their major to participate. The Bethel College Internship Program is a paid student worker program.
To be eligible to apply for an internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Full-time traditional student in good standing
- Student must be registered for an internship course within their major
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and not on academic probation
- Declared major related to the internship
- May be required to possess specific competencies or skills to qualify for internship
- Must submit cover letter and resume along with application form
Contact Matthew Stackowicz at 574.807.7097 or at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Apply here by April 12, 2019.