Caribbean Mountain Academy Teacher
The Caribbean Mountain Academy staff work with troubled teens at Crosswinds’ therapeutic Christian boarding school in the Dominican Republic. Through counseling and 24/7 personalized care, they work every day to change the lives of hurting teens. All counselors, teachers, and other key positions are licensed professionals. The physical and emotional safety of teens in their care the staff’s number-one priority.
General Statement of Responsibility
The Teacher will be responsible for working with selected youth at Caribbean Mountain Academy (CMA) to improve their skills and education.
Within these responsibilities, a Teacher will represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by utilizing and implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer into daily life and teaching. This will require consistent pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, consistent church attendance, and daily personal devotionals.
- Teach students using CMA approved curriculum or computer software
- Plan and organize instruction to achieve general and course outcomes based on student’s ability
- Provides effective instruction using a variety of strategies which bring about desired student outcomes
- Organize and manage the classroom environment to maximize learning.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with students, supervisor, and other Crosswinds staff
- Implement a learning plan for each student
- Process a student’s transition back to his/her home school and/or graduation
Examples of Tasks:
- Provide classroom instruction when appropriate
- Provide opportunities for residents to present their work
- Utilize the educational computerized software in teaching
- Research educational needs for each student
- Work with home school for transcripts and graduation requirements
- Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- Bachelor’s Degree in education
- Two years teaching experience
- Applicable teaching license from State agency
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
How to Apply