Head Wrestling Coach
The head wrestling coach is responsible for teaching sound wrestling skills as well as teaching the life lessons of discipline, hard work, sportsmanship, and teamwork. The coach is expected to uphold the mission of the school and to represent the school with integrity at all times.
Organize all aspects of the program including but not limited to:
- Daily and seasonal detailed practice plans to address physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development of student-athletes
- Direct supervision of assistant coaches
- Schedule all practice and weight room times with athletic director
- Maintain a safe environment for student-athletes at all times
- Organize and run an effective summer camp with an emphasis on reaching students from our feeder schools
- Work cooperatively with parents
- Assist athletic director in scheduling meets
- Know and comply with all IHSAA rules and regulations
- Understand and reinforce school policies as outlined in the student-parent handbook and the athletic code of conduct
- Work with athletic director to order equipment needed for season
- Inventory, distribute, and collect all uniforms
- Develop, distribute, and administer end of season evaluation with all members of the program
- Organize one fund raiser per year for the program
- Organize end of the year banquet
Bachelor’s degree preferred; 4 years competitive and/or coaching experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and three references. Position will remain open until filled.
Contact: Deb Brown, Athletic Director
Complete an application at: Application for Employment (Non-Ministerial Position)